Notice: get_row_css_class is deprecated since version 4.2 (will be removed in 5.1) with no alternative available. in /wp-includes/functions.php on line 3856
You can download this vector infographic for free. Please use a form below. If you want – You can make a contribution by sending every amount of money you like.
Do you want to be average? Of course not! After all, none of us wants to be average. Unfortunately – going beyond mediocrity (often called “comfort zone”) is not a simple process. It requires many important decisions and hard work. The transition from E or S Quadrant into the B or I Quadrant (more in this post) requires a completely different approach to finances and businesses. Fortunately, we can (and we should) learn this for better life.
What I mean by “average”?
Look around. Take a look at your friends and family. How our everyday lives looks like? Our average life is to get up early to get ready for work. From 9 to 5’o clock we must work hard (1/3 of our day). Then – after a month we finally get paid.
After work we still need to pick up our kids, go shopping, to the doctor or somewhere else. This daily routine leaves us not much time for us (we have less than a few hours a day for ourselves and familiy). We often dedicate ourselves to daily job we have – this is a dead end. Believe me, it’s worth to spend an extra hour or two to achieve our goals. Work is not everything.
In fact, only a small part of the population is able to rise above mediocrity – use the time to create a plan of action and follow it to change your life. I wish that each of us was able sooner or later leave the aimless rat race and go in the way of financial freedom. If you have already managed to escape from the endless pursuit – congratulations! However, this post is for all those who want to change their lives and still are stuck in a loop work – home – work.
Why is our education teaches us the path of mediocrity?
Theoretically: the education system must be constructed in such a way that individuals are able to deal with all subjects becoming in this way an ideal workforce. Therefore we created the best model – the average education: science on the lower level and a large number of subjects to give the widest possible general knowledge.
In practice, however, a huge amount of lessons kills creativity in us. Instead of focusing on personal development, we must learn things, which in most cases will not be useful in further life. The school should help, not hinder…
What are the consequences?
We all want to be happy. Since we are 6 years old – we surrender our lives for learning and working, trying to be the best partner / parent / friend. We put great effort to fulfill our daily assignments. We were taught this way.
Unfortunately – in most cases we are having more and more work and responsibilities day by day. Sooner or later, we will not be able to cope with the accumulation of duties. A large number of cases begins to overwhelm us and – instead of going still ahead – we surrender and we fall into the easiest option (career) disrupting the other branches of our lives. He suffers from the family and we can hit the spiral of hatred from which it is difficult to escape.
If we want to continue to grow, we often hear the words that we should not go beyond mediocrity – should keep working and focus on it fully. What is lacking in understanding and perceive better prospects. Everything leads to personal burnout. Stand in one place is equal to going backwards.
Each of us wants to succeed and rise above mediocrity. Very often people have the desire, but the do not have the “tools” to make everlasting changes. Unfortunately, these tools are different for each one of us. We need to seek them, because they are used by building a better future.
For many of us, success means earning a lot of money. Please remember – money does not bring us closer to financial freedom. Money is like soldiers. The more of them we have, the easier it is to win our battle. If we have a good strategy and precisely set goals – for sure we will win the battle. We must also care for every soldier!
What should we do to rise above mediocrity.
As I wrote in previous posts – the overarching goal for everyone should be to build a passive income that will cover our monthly expenses. This is the only way to financial freedom.
To build a net of passive income we need to develop a number of personal characteristics and create a network of businesses / contacts / tools just to lead us closer to the goal. We can not fall out of the way. My suggestion is to spend at least an hour a day for learning and building passive income. The more time you spend – the faster you become financially free.
What you need to remember?
- Never give up. Many people do not achieve success because in a difficult times they just giving up. Successful people often say in interviews that the best thing they did was to continue what they started – in spite of the words of others.
- Get out of the rat race as soon as possible. If you do not have a family yet and you learn at school / studying – this is the best time to change your life. We must use time to learn as much as possible and develop our skills. Work should be secondary at this point,
if you have a family – we understand that giving up work and willingness to take risks is a very dangerous option. We work not for ourselves – but for the whole family. That is why we need to build the foundations for passive income firs – then we schould quit job.
- 8-hour daytime job is a dead end. You must realize that everyday work for 8 (and sometimes more) hours a day until retirement is the old style idea. It is also not the best option. It is just average. Such work destroys creativity and leads to stagnation and dissatisfaction in life.
- Find time for yourself. It is very important to clean your mind. The best ideas come at a time when we stop to think about our problems. The best moment to contemplate for me is the light workout (like running). We also need once in a while to get away from the hustle and bustle and find a place where we can relax. All of my best ideas have been invented, when I was running a slight pace or in the park while sitting on the bench. Many people came up with an excellent businesses at a meeting with friends. Find the best moment for themselves.
- Do not be afraid to take risks. Remember to control all your risk – “never throw everything in one basket”. You must always have a back-up plan. However, if you have an interesting offer / opportunity – take a chance.
- Try to improve yourself in personal development and business everyday. As Richard Branson say “Screw It, Let’s Do It”. Richard often prefers dangerous ventures instead of normal job- that led him to success.